By Mike O’Leary
The new sheet-fed document scanners and card scanners we are introducing at HIMSS15 will empower you to do more at capture in regard to organizing and harnessing information from documents and ID cards.
They are complete solutions designed to increase productivity and enhance efficiency wherever and anywhere you work—in office and mobile applications.
The new scanners consist of four models:
• Ambir ImageScan Pro 490ix Scanner is a duplex document and card scanner. It scans both sides of a document in about 10 seconds.
• Ambir ImageScan Pro 687ix Scanner is a duplex card scanner for scanning two-sided identification cards, scanning both sides of a card in approximately 3 seconds.
• Ambir ImageScan Pro 667ix Scanner is a simplex card scanner for scanning one side of an identification card in about 3 seconds (coming soon).
• Ambir TravelScan Pro 600ix Scanner is a simplex document and card scanner designed for mobility and speed. It scans one side of a document in approximately 10 seconds.
All models come with our new AmbirScan Lite Capture Software, elevating document and ID card scanning to a true information capture and management solution. You can save scanned information as PDF, TIF and JPEG files, automatically save files to any folder on a computer and/or popular cloud services including Box, DropBox, Evernote and Google Drive.
In addition, the ImageScan Pro 490ix and TravelScan 600ix scanners include NewSoft Presto! PageMaker 9, an easy-to-use document management application for scanning, previewing, converting and saving scanned information and digital documents.
The scanners are easy to operate—simply pressing the scan button launches the scanning software and begins scanning. Scanner operation is as efficient as it is easy, as all are Energy Star compliant and USB port-powered, eliminating the need to find an electrical outlet or carry an AC adapter, enhancing the ability to work wherever and anywhere.
All models are factory calibrated, requiring no calibration upon installation to deliver high-quality image quality right out of the box. Furthermore, Ambir has built in an automatic image enhancement feature optimizing image quality, reducing image rescans and improving OCR accuracy.
To aid inventory management, the new scanners have a Digital Serialization feature that electronically stores scanner serial numbers inside each scanner’s memory.
The new generation of scanners offers top-notch media handling, making life easier for you:
• ImageScan Pro 490ix and TravelScan Pro 600ix document and card scanners can scan everything from embossed ID cards to 8.5×14-inch documents with a 100-page-per-day duty cycle.
• ImageScan Pro 687ix card scanner can handle embossed ID cards to 4.13×10-inch documents without changing settings or flipping documents.
• Duplex models feature a selectable eject mode for scanning and ejecting cards and documents at the front of the scanners—no more reaching around the back of the scanner to retrieve scanned materials.
All use industry standard TWAIN drivers to provide quick installation and compatibility with thousands of commercially available healthcare and document management solutions, most contemporary scanning applications, Microsoft’s Remote Desktop Protocol and Citrix applications.
If you are attending HIMSS15, stop by the Ambir Technology booth (number 2819) to learn how our new scanners will enhance operational efficiency, productivity wherever and anywhere you work—in office and mobile applications.
Not attending? We have you covered. See what our new document and card scanner can do for you by visiting www.ambir.com.
To learn more about scanning technology and information management, visit our blog on our website at www.ambir.com and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.